Thursday, November 13, 2008

"My Desk"

This semester I am taking a class called Intro to Studio Techniques. That being said, anyone who has seen my work would point out I don't do studio work. It's not my thing, ok? But this assignment, I liked.
The first part of the semester consisted of weekly assignments photographing "metal," "texture," " a box," "flowers," etc. using hot lights. We have recently moved on to flash assignments but I wanted to share one of my favorites from the first half of the class. This assignment was to photograph a set of our "desk."
Although my REAL desk at home is covered with my laptop, camera, hard drives, and a printer...I didn't want to look like a total gearhead! In this photo I featured my drawing hobby in a charcoal sketch. The leaves represent my love for fall and COLOR. My MacBook Pro...because-duh-I love Macs! (Thank you Steve Jobs, but that's a whole 'nother post)
And the pear.
I love pears. Ask my roommates. I'm borderline obsessive about pears. Not just about eating them, I like to photograph them, draw them, decorate with them, and I think pear is my favorite color. Don't ask. It is a color in my book.
I was very pleased with this shot. Not my typical comfort zone but I like it none-the-less. Something about it seems very...calming. It's the pear. It has to be the pear.

Whatchya think?




0 comments: